Welcome to my Blog!

I feel so hip and trendy after finally figuring out how to set this section up on my website!  This will be a place where I will post some of my more recent works for clients so I don't have to keep bugging my webmaster,  Dave
So please check back often and feel free to post any comments!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Midsummer Night's Dream (during a Wintry Day)

I found this vintage photo of Bottom (donkey) and Titania from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and I was feeling very reminiscent of my favorite class at UCLA which was Shakespeare.

It was such a beautiful picture that I had to do *something* with it so the result is this 6" X 6" travertine tile with the quote: "The course of true love never did run smooth" (words from the Great Bard himself).

Even though I took that class over (gasp!) 18 years ago, my gi-nor-mous (but beautiful) Riverside Shakespeare textbook is still one of my favorite treasures (even with all the highlights and margin notes!).

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

very nice
love the font you chose for this one

Karmel Design said...

Thanks, diva! I appreciate your visit!